Monday, July 12, 2010

Visit with Grandpa & Grandma Owen

June 9, 2010

Such an exciting change has occurred for us, my Dad and step mom moved to Temecula from El Centro. Probably since I was about 10 years old they have lived out of state or out of the country because of their jobs so having them 20 minutes away from me is AMAZING! Lucy & Gavin love spending time with them and it was always so hard with a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive each way to visit them El Centro. So over the past couple of weeks we have helped them move and get situated with their new living arrangements and ease into retirement.  I am so excited at how active of a role they are going to play in Lucy and Gavin's lives it literally is a dream come true! I feel very lucky that my kids have such amazing sets of grandparents and that they now will be able to have an amazing relationship with all of them and have them all within 30 minutes of us.

So today we went to go visit them at their new home...Lucy was so excited to go visit and I was too.
We had a great visit, they showed us around the resort, my dad/Grandpa Owen and Lucy feed the ducks, went on the lake and had a blast in the paddle boat, played ball, colored, and then we had a yummy BBQ.
We all even went for a walk around the lake....their community was so quiet and peaceful, I loved it!
He loved watching his sissy and Grandpa Owen feed the duckies
Lucy with her Grandma Owen
On their way to the paddle boat
Steve and his little man

We had a first great trip and look forward to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment